The signage at your gas station does more than just communicate information about prices and services. It also relays important messages to your customers about the quality of your gas station. That is why it is so important to update your signs from time to time. Use this simple guide to help you evaluate the state of your current signage and select the updates that are right for your station.
Ask yourself these questions about the signs you currently use.
- When were they installed?
- Are they well lighted?
- How much space do they provide for communication?
- Are they in good working order?
- Are they dirty or worn down looking?
- How do they compare to the signs your competitors use?
- How convenient are your signs to work with?
- Do you often get asked questions that your signs should answer?
The answers to all of these questions are important, because signage has a significant impact on your business. Dirty, old, and ineffective signage suggests to customers that your station is outdated, unclean, and indifferent to the needs of customers. Even worse, if the stations around you have nicer looking signage, drivers will be more inclined to pass your station up. You may also be wasting time and money going through the cumbersome process of swapping out prices, replacing light bulbs, and seeking out maintenance experts. Rather than helping your business, your older signage may be hurting your bottom line.
You have a lot of options when selecting new signage. In order to get the most for your investment, ask yourself these questions.
- Are all of your signs outdated, or just some of them?
- How many signs do you need to effectively communicate with customers? In addition to your primary sign, consider the signs in your store windows and at each pump.
- How big does your new sign need to be to maximize visibility for drivers coming from all directions?
- How does you sign affect your branding efforts? Do you rely on signature colors, logos, or catch phrases?
- How much time and money do you have to invest in updates and the maintenance they will require?
- How long do you want your updated signs to last?
- How much space do you have to dedicate to new signs?
- What features of your station would you like to highlight that your current signs cannot?
The current gold standard for gas station signage utilizes LED technology. In addition to being affordable, highly adaptable, and extremely visible, LED signs are energy efficient and easy to maintain. They offer bright, full color, and motion optimized displays that can communicate an infinite number of messages and be revised remotely at a moment’s notice. Plus, when purchased from a reputable supplier and installed by a team of experts, LED signs have a long life expectancy.
Whether you need to update one sign, or all of them, seriously consider using LED technology. You will instantly upgrade the overall look of your station and open up exciting new opportunities for communicating with customers.
Image Source: www.flickr.com/photos/alijava/7924075412/in/set-72157631381112026
Original Source: http://blog.petroledsigns.com/led-technology/time-update-signage